Monday, November 08, 2004

Man kills himself over election results

I was horrified to read about a 25 year old man from the state of Georgia that killed himself over the weekend. He went up to the 9/11 ground zero site and took his own life because of the recent Bush re-election.

Article on CNN: http://www.cnn.com/2004/US/11/07/ground.zero.suicide.ap/index.html

I have been very depressed about the recent elections myself, and I've been trying to learn how to deal with another 4 years under this crazy president. My only inspiration is that as Americans, we've lived under much worse times. My nephew just recently discovered in researching the family history that my ancestors were brought here in bondage as indentured servants. My point here is that no matter what setbacks we may face, whether they are enslavement, a bad economic policy, or even a bad war, we as Americans must find the strength to more forward and live a life that is something worthy of pride. So today and everyday going forward, we should stand tall, and be proud of who we are, and create a world for our children that is better than our own.

No comments: