Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Nature Cleanse wrap-up: 60 days, what happened?

Hi all, thanks for reading. I kind of fell off the CPA bandwagon on 7/23 and turned off my google campaigns. My initial plan was to let it run for 60 days, but I didn't have enough time to watch every day and do proper analysis (work, life & family got a little chaotic for a bit).

During the period of 6/12 and 7/23 or 42 days, I conducted an experiment in CPA with a product called Nature Cleanse. There was a lot of tweaking work the first week, but for most of the campaign it was just sit back and watch. I did try to use yahoo keywords mid-campaign, and spent far too much money with them for no results. For this product, google adwords seemed to be the right choice.

So here is the summary report:


EarningsGoogleYahooGoDaddyProfitROIDaily Profit
$256$116.09$65.49$11.17$63.2532.8%$1.50


If I wouldn't have blow so much at yahoo (in fact, one day was over $34, for nothing!!) this would have been a much better ROI campaign.

Will I do it again you ask? Oh heck yea, I just want to make sure Copeac is actually going to pay me. They have a $100/mo minimum, so my first month I didn't get paid since I only earned $96, but month two should be rolling around here so and I should have enough for a paycheck. I can't wait to see what happens.

Did I learn a lot? Oh heck yea! I'll definitely do things slightly differently next time.

Is this a legit biz? I'm still on the fence. None of my sells ever came from a click through, however click through volume from google definitely affected the number of products I sold. Does that sound strange? All my sells came from someone typing in "Nature Cleanse Trial" into google and finding my landing page, and buying from there. Once I turned off my google ads, people ironically stopped typing Nature Cleanse Trial into google. One IP address actually signed up 2 times!! I just don't get it. My only guesses are that someone saw my add, and then searched on the landing page name keywords to look for reviews or something similar and bought based on a good google page rank. This is a little discouraging because I'd really like them to trust the click and drive them that way. I need to work on how I phrase my ads maybe.

No comments: