Friday, September 21, 2007

Blackberries on the Beach

Just a quick update. I ended up going with a Blackberry Worldphone 8830. Probably one of the biggest deciding factors was that work would pay for it, where I'd be out $600 iPhone. It didn't help that AT&T was dropping 80% of my calls at the time, and my work email was overflowing! It all made perfect sense at the time. Even so, I love the blackberry. It's made my work life much easier. I am a little disappointed that they block 3rd party apps. I had google maps installed on there initially before syncing it up with the blackberry gateway server at work, and it was VERY sweet. About a week after syncing, a policy was pushed down to my blackberry and google maps was wiped off. :( I'm also a little disappointed that Verizon turns off the built in GPS device inside the phone. They want to sell you their own GPS enabled service for $10/mo I guess.

Over labor day, we went to Top Sail Beach. We had quite the blast. Due to unforeseen circumstances, my in-laws couldn't make it, so we ended up inviting some of our friends from the natural living groups we're a part of in town. Did I say we had a blast?!?! I've never made a huge sand sculpture before (only small ones), so it was quite fun having a few folks to help out with a mega sand turtle.



It only took a few minutes for the kids to climb all over it and crush it (we snapped a picture of them all on top). Of course then a few hours later it was just a nice flat piece of sand, thanks to the ocean.



I must admit, I did bring my blackberry on the beach and checked out the headlines while basking in the sun. Ah...

No comments: