Thursday, August 12, 2004

The new campaign ad

I thought it might be interesting to write a bit about the future of political campaign ads. I saw Fahrenheit 9/11 a few weeks ago. Then of course I went and rented Bowling for Columbine and Roger and Me.

Michael Moore is a genius. He has taken the concept of Reality TV and put an activist's spin on it. I love it. In a world were most candidates pay for expensive advertising slots, the future of political advertising may change into a model where we (the voters) actually go to the movie theater and pay to watch such advertising. Only the future will tell, but the thought of it is provoking!

I think if Michael Moore were running for president, I would vote for him after paying to seeing his 3 movies! Come to think of it... maybe that is that how Reagan and Schwarzenegger fell into place so easily? After all, Arnold was famous for quoting his movies during his campaign!



No comments: